Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any chance your DC could have gotten hand, foot, and mouth disease from another kid? DD had that around Memorial Day, after getting it from her cousin (who got it from daycare, I presume), and that's what her butt looked like for a number of days. We just had to let it run its course (sad as it was), and it went away.

Good luck!

purpleeyes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Did you try any new food lately? This was how I discovered DD's food allergies-raw, red weeping, bleeding diaper rashes.

GL!!
    B

DS
    DD

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like Balmex for super redness. I once tried sitting him in strong warm tea, someone told me to try this.. I guess it might have worked a little. Naked time is great. If it is warm enough going outside is good, though the last time I tried this I ended up curbing my kid, KWIM?

Use the paste with the highest zinc amount you can find. Desitin overnight has 40%.

baileygirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Has she been on any medications recently? DS1 would get a rash that sounds like that, after he had an ear infection.

Triple Paste works great!

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

When DS had this problem I slopped on the Aquaphor just to make a barrier and help it heal with out stinging too much.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Do you have any cloth diapers? Even the ones you use as burp cloths? Try to keep the disposables off her even if you cant do diaper free. The more air the better.

Haven't BTDT, but I was going to suggest somthing similar to JBaxter---use a cloth diaper/burp cloth as a temporary dipe and keep her in a room with an easy-to-clean floor. Or, if the weather is nice, let her run around naked in outside for a while.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I call the ped when this happens. It happened to Arwyn a couple of times and Laurel many times. I get a script for an anti-yeast cream to put on it (Lotrimin?). The nurse also told me I can use something you get OTC for athlete's foot. I can't remember the name of it now, but I think it also starts with L.

One thing that really helps is to use wipes that are rinsed free of the soap, or just wet paper towels. The soap makes it even more irritated and probably burns, which is why your baby is screaming. I don't like paper towels so I just take regular wipes and rinse them clean before using. The bum dries faster this way (with regular wipes it still feels wet minutes later) and then I use a little bit of the script cream, then slather on the Desitin.

On occasion a blister breaks and starts to bleed. If that happens I use a bit of Neosporin, then slather on Aquaphor or Vaseline.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2