Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fluffernutters
    mashed potatoes
    oatmeal
    Goldfish graham crackers
    tortilla chips (briefly)

I second the Unisom (doxylamine formulation, not diphenhydramine). It's very well studied (possibly the most studied during pregnancy), so I felt comfortable with it, just stop before nursing. You can take just half a pill, too. It may make driving difficult, but if that's an issue then even just taking one in the evening might help you get a bit more down. After taking my first dose of it, I took a nap, then woke up craving beef & broccoli, which DH promptly procured - my healthiest meal in months.

Taco Bell's crunchy taco supreme. Which I typically think is absolutely disgusting, but for some reason I'd crave it and it was about the only thing that would stay settled. I'd ask DH to pick one up for me on his way home from work at least 3-4 days a week.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Canned pears.

Wierd, but true. I could eat anything I wanted, all day day long... as long as I ate the pears FIRST. But if I tried to skip it, or ran out... I was sick all day.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Chocolate milk and apples.

Beth

cas is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I love hearing everyone's go to foods! It's so funny because I've had similar experiences with my other pregnancies. The first time around I could tolerate/craved PB &J, mac and cheese, lays potato chips and the microwavable beef raviolis (yuck). With my second pregnancy it was chinese food that sounded good. But this time I just haven't found anything yet. I have a doctor's appointment next week so if things don't start to get better I'll talk to them about vitamins/meds.

Thanks for all the input! Keep it coming!

Mashed Potatoes. Thank God for mashed potatoes, or this pregnancy would have killed me by now.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Chips. That is all.

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Pineapple juice was strangely appealing and seemed to calm my stomach down in small doses, making it easier to sneak in some protein. I was not vomiting, but nauseous enough not to want to eat, and the lack of eating (especially protein) was making me weak and giving me migranes.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

I had 24 hour "morning" sickness with my first pregnancy. I lost weight the first trimester and got lectured since I wasn't big to begin with.
    Anyway, I tried all kinds of things and nothing seemed to help. I will say that I typically tried to eat bland type foods like crackers and bagels.

My 2nd pregnancy, I didn't have a single day of m/s.

Now, this time it's definitely worse in the mornings. I've been trying to eat something with protein early in the morning and then go back to bed. I usually feel better by later morning. That worked fairly well for a few weeks. The protein seems to help a lot more than carbs. Now I keep getting sick here and there throughout the rest of the day. I try to eat protein then too, but it's hard when you feel like barfing.
    I'm also more tired this pregnancy. I just had insomnia with the previous two pregnancies. I'm pregnant with twins this time though, so I don't know if that's the difference or if my age makes it worse. Ha ha. Oh, and having two kids with busy schedules is a bit exhausting.

Anyway, my point is to try getting some protein even if it's not what sounds good. I usually can manage to eat two saltines with peanut butter on them and then I go back to bed. It's when I can't go back to bed that my face makes a date with the toilet.
    I used to keep a protein bar on my nightstand. I had an early doctor appointment one morning and had to get showered, etc. instead of going back to bed. I haven't been able to eat another protein bar since then. And how unfair is it that throwing up doesn't make you feel the least bit better? It's cruel.

Okay, this is really weird, but the only think I could eat in the 1st trimester was anything spicy like Mexican food, and fast food hamburgers and fries. And any other salty starchy thing like potato chips. GROSS! But things like chicken noodle soup, saltine crackers, 7-UP, you know reasonable things? all made me throw-up.

OH! and Stauffers Animal Crackers (red and blue label). I think because they have an ever so subtle lemony hint to them.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast