SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Are these shoes 'boyish' enought?

don't mean to start a debate here, not at all. Here are the shoes:

http://www.endless.com/Eleven-Toddle...erel2&onsale=1

My twin boys just turned 3 in November and one is in a size 10 (one is very big for his age, the other small for his age, my smaller one fits perfectly in a size 7 SKR, lol).

I thought they would be cute for spring/summer lighter colored clothes, but IRL the zig-zag along the little stripe almost looks like lace. I do hate to send them back, he has autism and along with that balance problems and needs light weight shoes. I paid $48 for the Eleven Trainer and they fit him perfect and he has no problems in them : ).

So what do you all think? Keep or go? I don't know if he will wear these alot, don't know how many 'pastels' he'll have. I'm thinking go. $31 was a great price, but not if I am not going to use them. The only other shoes he can wear are Tsukihoshis and I get really tired of looking at them, kwim?

Thanks,

Samantha
    Noah and Jonas
    We finally turned 3!

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think they are very cute. I almost bought them actually...My son is also 3. I would keep them for sure.

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm sorry to say that I don't think so. I am not into dressing my boys as "manly" men by any means and never put them in athletic shoes (like Nikes, for example) but these go a little too far for me. And I feel like they wouldn't match much. Just my opinion.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

They are cute but I wouldn't put my kids in them unless my kids ASKED for them (in which case sure no problem). But that is just me. I think they are a little girlie but also they wouldn't go with much.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I've been on the fence about them - to let DD wear them this spring then hand them down. But, DH is pretty strict and he's always saying I'm compromising the gender identity of both our children by making them wear "iffy" clothes. Since I'd be using for a girl once and a boy twice, I'm not sure he'd go for it. If it was g-b-g in our family, I might grab them.

BTW, here is a 10 for $17 - http://www.amazon.com/Eleven-Toddler...1537780&sr=8-2

I really like the Martin style of theirs - the navy nubuck one. SO cute.

Hmmm...they're adorable, but I think they do look more feminine, especially with the pastel colors. And if you don't think he'll have many clothes that you'd end up pairing them with, I'd say "go" and find some others that you'll get more use out of. The price is good, but not if you end up not using them much. The "cost per use" factor definitely applies to shoes, I've found.

Good luck with your decision!
    Cheri

Mommy to...
    DD1 6/2/04
    DS 3/9/07
    and finally welcomed DD2 on 8/25/2011!

I don't think they're girly enough for a girl--I wouldn't put them on mine. But I don't think I'd put them on a boy either. They're an odd color and style to me.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the replies, DH saw them and said NO WAY, lol. Wish I had known about the trainers at Amazon, they were less, but at least I got one day shipping from endless and free returns for these!

Thanks again!

Samantha