Default Thrush help please

Soo Im 99% sure we both have thrush...oh boy! Can you give me good sugestions on treatment etc please. Ive got the Nystatin that I just started giving Turtle and got the "jock itch" cream for myself. what else do I need to do to kick this for good? Ive had a recurrent yeast rash during and since being pregnant soo the thrush was bound to happen. sooo help please! How do I get rid of the yeasties! How often do i use the cream, do I change my breast pads each time (disposable ones) should I boil my bras or anything...suggestions desperately needed! Thanks so much :)

Default RE: Thrush help please

nak

you might do a search for the info. the bbb will be slow since it's the weekend. gl.

congrats to you!!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
    Last edited by Wife_and_mommy; 02-28-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Some or all of the following:

Cut refined sugars from your diet
    Eat yogurt
    Replace breast pads after EVERY feeding
    Change bras at least every 12 hours (don't boil them)
    Wash bras, clothes, bedding, towels in HOT with some vinegar
    Change towels daily
    You may need Diflucan

Also, get some Gentian Violet. Target pharmacy ordered it for me; it came in the next day. It is literally $2-3. Good stuff, but follow the directions on kellymom.com when using it.

kellymom.com has lots of good info on thrush. Hope that you beat it soon!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

mommyoftwo Guest

Have you tried probiotics? It worked way better for us than prescription antifungals. You can take it yourself which should help quite a bit with your own issues. For turtle (I love that nickname btw), use infant probiotics by placing it on your nipples before breastfeeding or pump some milk for a bottle and put the probiotics in the milk. I've had to deal with a lot of yeast issues with Linnea so PM or email me if you want more info.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

only thing that kicked Thursh for us was Gentian Violet! It works like a charm but does stain everything purple... boobs, baby's mouth/lips, clothes! I got it at my local pharmacy... I called around and found one that had a bottle in stock (they can also order it for you through the pharmacy... it's over the counter though). We (baby and I) also used a probiotic at the same time... Bifidus powder made by a company called Metagenics! I also took Acidolpholus powder as well.... just mix with water and force it down! You can also put the probiotics on your nipples!

any bottles/pacis/nipple shields should be boiled with a cup of white vinegar in the water!

www.Kellymom.com has lots of useful info! I believe Dr. Sears website does as well!

Good Luck

~Tondi
    Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

shilo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i'll just third the gentian violet _and_ acidophilus (probiotics) _and_ the anti fungal. i have had the best luck 'triple teaming' the yeast with these. found kellymom.com and jack newman's stuff to be the most helpful.

here are a couple previous threads in case you don't have time to search...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...id=38263&page=

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search

lori
    Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.