Default yeast rash treatment needed

HELP! I think Lil'bit might have a yeast rash...she is in the middle of an antibiotic treatment for a sinus infection. I know there is an over the counter cream to use but cant remember which one...and what about my diapers! I have all pockets....I cant boil them...how do I fix them? AHHH!!!! I hope and hope its not a yeast rash but its (sorry if TMI) in the insides of her lips and bumpy and seems to be itchy to her. Sigh....help?

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: yeast rash treatment needed

www.askdrsears.com has a photo of a yeast rash, but it does sound like it to me.

We used Lotrimin when we suspected yeast, but any of the vaginal yeast creams should work, too.

For the pockets, you can wash them with a bit of bleach to help kill off the yeast spores. Your inserts can be bleached, too. Do an extra rinse or two afterwards as bleach can be very irritating if not rinsed well. Dry on hot (won't hurt your pockets just this once) to help kill anything that may have survived the bleach (not likely).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

It seems like DD ALWAYS gets a yeast rash when she's on antibiotics. We used OTC (over the counter) vaginal yeast cream and Lotrimin too - I just wanted to add that if it's too stubborn and far gone (like ours was), we were able to have our ped call in a Rx for Nystatin cream. When that didn't work, he called in a Rx for Nystop powder and that was the BEST!!

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We used clotrimazole anti-fungal cream, and it cleared up a persistent but low-level yeast rash in a day. It's recommended by askdrsears - as mentioned a great site for diaper rash info.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t081400.asp

We put it on before our regular diaper cream. Clotrimazole is the active ingredient, and the generic brand was way cheaper than Lotrimin or some other. Ours says "jock itch cream" in big letters which is sort of horrible, but it is super effective!

We just soak, wash, rinse and dry our FBs on the hottest setting, and it seemed to get rid of the yeasties.